Blog Archive

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Foundation Highlight of the Month- BartkoFoundation

BartkoFoundation- Single Minority Mothers
   I am in the process of getting a new vehicle and my mom informed me about this really encouraging foundation that assists single minority mothers.  I have saved up a good amount of money, so I'm not just looking for a hand out but there is help out there and I was unemployed for a year and was blessed with a job working from home, and now I'm just looking to move forward for my daughter and I.  It's no sense in not sharing what I find out with others who may benefit.  This foundation is called the Bartko Foundation and they assist in helping single minority mothers become self sufficient.  I think this is a great program for the simple fact that a lot of minority women get welfare because they need it and then don't want to get off of it, and this helps push them out there.  There is no excuse.  "Our purpose is to assist these women in achieving goals they have set for themselves and to help them continue positive progress in their life’s journey. We generally focus our support on goals related to education, transportation, housing and employment.
Working Mom
We believe these areas have the most profound impact in the lives of our recipients and, therefore, our investments. We seek to help these individuals reinforce their own sense of accomplishment with their self-sufficiency goals."~ BartkoFoundation

This is located in the Pittsburgh area but I am unsure if it is limited to women that live in Pittsburgh, PA.  I will get more information and update you on it.  But those of you looking for help in reaching your goals and these very important things such as housing and transportation are holding you back, this may be for you.  You will either find a way or make one...not reaching your goals should not be an option.

"....our support is driven more by our hearts than by our heads. We hear the stories of women who are struggling to give their children a good start in life. We feel the pride when a young mother struggling to go to college while holding down a part time job and caring for two children says “I want to do this so my children can be proud of me and have a positive role model.” We feel the struggle when a mother sacrifices everything to get her family into their first home. We appreciate the effort of taking two buses to get to work and child care, let alone carry a toddler and all the paraphernalia that children need to get through the day. We know how it hurts when someone says “Sorry, but we can’t help you with that”.~BF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers